Re: Engine/Tranny Weight

To: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Engine/Tranny Weight
From: Marc Tyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:46:10 -0600
On the weight, I don't remember ever seeing a definitive figure on the
R16/4spd combined weight.  The tranny is fairly easy to sling around,
I'd guess 50# or  under.  the motor though, i dunno.  Are you using a
cherry-picker type hoist or a drop hoist from a beam?  The regular 12
oz rust-oleum type spray caps fit over the tailshaft nicely.

-Marc

On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 11:18  AM, David R. Conrad wrote:

> Have to reconfigure my hoist arrangement for an engine pull.
> Would like a good figure for the weight of the engine/tranny to
> assure adequate margin of safety.
>
> ...And does anyone recall the "kind of can" that someone of the
> list found, which makes a good cap to duct tape over the tranny
> end to avoid lubricant loss.  Don't want to drain it this time
> since it has just been drained and refilled!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
> '68 1600
> Kailua-Kona