Re: Fw: The Perfect Crash

To: "Gary K. McCormick" <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: The Perfect Crash
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:51:59 -0500
You got that right. SUVs aren't as tough as many people think and there have
been many instances in NY where an SUV rolled over after being involved in a
collision and not hit from the side.

I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee after an accident on the side of the road and it
just collapsed. The car received less damage.

I didn't mean to insult SUV drivers, but if the NYC area is an indicator of
other metropolitan areas amny people who buy SUVs need a crash course in
driving and physics. Far too often I am tailgated by an SUV driver who
thinks he can stop as well as my little Miata or Integra. Those knobby all
terrain tires don't do much for braking and little if anything for handling.

Mike

PS - Most of those SUV owners would have been better off buying a Subaru or
minivan for what they use them for.