That doesn't look right...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: That doesn't look right...
From: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:49:59 -0500
Greetings,

On a '68 1600 (I have yet to drive) I have made some discoveries during a
thorough restoration project that leave me scratching my head.  Here goes:

1.  Rear axle, passenger side, leaf spring u-bolts.  Instead of 4 nuts,
there were only 2.  On the same side, no less.  So what was holding the axle
then?
2.  Passenger side motor mount, Instead of 2 bolts, there was just 1.
3.  Passenger side suspension upper A-arm, rear side bushing.  No grease
fitting, no retaining nut, no bushing.  Yikes!
4.  Studs for fuel pump, both stripped using double nut technique to hold it
in place.
5.  Wheel mounting studs, mostly stripped with missing nuts.

Of course this is in addition to the missing valve cover cap, fuel cap,
ignition switch, cracked water pump housing....

At first I thought this car suffered from neglect.  Then I thought it had
become a parts car.  Now I get it.  The owner of this car was desperately
trying to get rid of his passenger.  Heck, maybe this car is part of a
murder mystery from the early '80's.

Eric A. Isaacson
Fort Wayne, Indiana
SPL311-21575