Re: Custom spark plug wires

To: <SPL311RDST@aol.com>, <hallosb@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: Custom spark plug wires
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:43:00 -0400
I agree with Laurie about making your own wires. I did that with a Honda
Civic I had in the 70s and had nothing but problems with the 'custom' wires
I made up. I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only person who had problems
making them.

That 75 Civic had a sidedraught Weber, electronic dizzy (from a Datsun),
headers, lumpy cam and a ported head and a host of suspension modifications.
It was a great 'slot' car for short trips but it was my only car and after a
while it got tiring. Many of the parts were purchased from an unknown guy
back then - Jackson Racing.

I drove straight through from Atlanta to NYC and when I finally got home I
was still shaking and vibrating while laying in bed and my ears were
drumming.

It was just like a Mini Cooper S but a Jap version. I surprised a lot of
people with that car and embarassed a lot of Zs with it. In the end I sold
it to buy another Z as I wanted 'comfort.'

Mike