Re: REAR END SWAP

To: dynaguy54@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: REAR END SWAP
From: "n ruff" <u20power67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:26:54 -0500
Hey Pat-
I have the 1600 mated with the U20.  It added noticeable spunk off the line.
  Occassionally the rear tires will chirp on take off, even with unspirited
driving.  According to my tach (needle bounces a little) I'm running 4000
revs at about 75mph.  The only part I dislike is the quick shift from 1st to
2nd with city driving- I don't generally run the revs too high between
shifts.

Nathan
67 U20 conversion

>From: "Pat Mahoney" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: REAR END SWAP
>Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 20:56:47 -0700
>
>Hi List,  I'm considering using my lower-geared rear end from my 1600 parts
>car in my '69 2000. I'm hoping for a little more grunt from off the line.
>Has anybody done this and to what result?  Thanks in Advance   Pat Mahoney
>  p.s. sorry for using rear end and grunt in the same posting

Share your photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get Hotmail Extra Storage