false start problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Over4x4@aol.com, OverGB@aol.com,
Subject: false start problem
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:59:18 EDT
List,

I spent Monday night diagnosing a false start problem.  When good drives
developed false starts ensued.  Performance was definitely hampered by the high
altitude.  All cylinders were not firing and short drives were imminent.  The
noisy atmosphere was also a factor in this intermittent problem.  Voltage and
current were not enough to overcome the resistance and impedance of the system
in Denver.  Therefore, an out of phase condition developed. High compression
and high horsepower were too much for this California (Jerry) "Rice" burning
machine to overcome.

The diagnosis:

The voltage needs to be increased to overcome the total impedance.  The power
must be corrected to eliminate the "out of phase" condition.  The air fuel
ratio needs adjusted and the octane needs increased to allow efficient
operation
at altitude.

This isn't my roadster I am referring to!

Sorry guys. I just had to! :-)

All in fun, ...........Go Broncos.

John Over
68 2L