RE: Voltage regulator Question

To: "'Daniel Neuman'" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>,
Subject: RE: Voltage regulator Question
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:38:05 +0930
Hi list,
I recently answered a question about this same topic on an Oz
Datsun/Nissan Forum.
The Oz Bluebird uses VDO instruments and a solid state regulator.
Its ID is: - ITT CTC A 700Y (made in Germany).
I don't have any data books but this is a 4 terminal IC type 700Y in a
TO-220 package.
The body tab is screwed to the panel, the two outer legs are soldered
to the tracks, the centre leg has been amputated.
VDO should stock the part and have connection details (or maybe a good
electronics store?).
Only one example, I'm sure other modern cars have solid state regs.

For the main voltage regulator, '71 and later P510s for example, (in
Oz) used a solid state reg. mounted on the RHS strut tower ID is Lucas
8TR.

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.