Hot wires

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot wires
From: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:39:24 -0700
Greetings gang, yet another question for you folks out there.  My fuel
and temp gauge have been doing the "on-off" dance for a while, so I put
in a spare regulator or whatever that thing is that controls the
voltage.  Anyway, that worked for a while, but it started dancing again,
and while I was feeling around under the dash I noticed that several of
my wires were hot to the touch... is that normal?  They were the wires
that lead to the ignition switch, but there may be others.  This was a
pretty hot day for Washington (upper 80s), but still...  Any
suggestions?  Should I be checking the voltage at these wires?  I
checked voltage at the battery to see if the alternator (GM one wire)
was too high, but it was right around 12-13 volts as I recall.  I have
not popped any fuses, and I have a 30 amp fuse between the alternator
and the amp gauge.  Ideas?
Thanks!
Greg Burrows
67 2000