Re: Fuel Pump

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:34:55 EDT
assuming the fuel pump is the same as on the later models - you can actually
take apart the fuel pump and get to the diaphragm for a quickie inspection. (
just dont loose the screws! ) I have done many a cleaning "in the field" when
I had problems w/ crap in the gas tank. Look for holes in the rubber bits, or
just tons of crud - enough to block the pump.

Also - start w/ the obvious : check all the connections to/from pump/carbs.
Just a tiny little air leak can cause problems. When you get a replacement
pump, sometimes you need to replace the brass fittings -  check that these are
all
in good order too.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311