Re: Racing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:13:32 -0800
For those of you who have not seen Bob's car, Greg just updated
www.datsun.org. It's car 305 and it is truly stunning. I only hope my car
turns out as well.

Nice car Bob.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex SRL311-00489
1964 1500
SoCalROC

From: " Bob Davis" <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
To: "Datsun-Roadsters List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:41:51 -0500

I had the 67.5 2L racer out for it's inaugural race this weekend at Sebring.
It was a real kick in the pants. All systems worked perfectly. Running
Hoosier
205-60-14 bias tires, the car was extremely agile feeling compared to the
TR4's I have raced in the past. It goes where you point it in the turns and
it
quickly and easily ran down many of the cars in the vintage group. The
engine
is set up fairly modest at about 165 - 170 HP, with a 4:38 LSD, stock
transmission, Koni shocks and nismo suspension. Next outing may be VIR in
April if you are in the neighborhood.

Bob Davis
Mt. Dora, FL
67.5 Datsun2000