RE: Pilot bushing

To: "'Vicki Burrows'" <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Pilot bushing
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:27:27 +1030
Greg, the pilot bushing is the same as the one used in the L series
engines I believe.
It is a self lubing bronze bush which aligns to tip of the gearbox
input shaft with the end of the crankshaft.
The lack of one would let the gearbox input shaft do the wobbles and
cause a lot of wear/vibration.
Measure the input shaft and the crank hole to see if there is one
still in there.
It may be best to replace it with a newy any way.
I usually slip a hex head bolt into the crank (head first), hook the
head behind the bush and lever the bush out.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.