just efi your u20

To: "Roadster List (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: just efi your u20
From: "Philip Erickson" <perickson@quorex.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:27:28 -0800
The TWM throttle bodies I have don't have venturies (no need) and therefore
they are  44 venturies, much bigger than the 34s or even the early 37s used in
"solexes".  I was told they were good for 25 hp at the top end.

The real improvement is in the low end as you stated, plus no worry about
gaskets  ;-),

Phil

Subject: Re: Engine Questions, just efi your u20

One of the guys in our club Datsun Roadster Club of Western Australia

(www.geocities.com/drcwa) has replaced the solex's with efi throttle

bodies which just bolt on, and runs a wolf3d fuel computer. The car is

very responsive (even from very low revs), and starts first kick, even

when its cold (not that it is ever that cold here in sunny perth). Even

though actual horsepower figures are probably not much higher than with

carbies, it certainly makes a heck of a difference in the low rev range.

Regards,

James.