tight motor

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: tight motor
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:38:32 -0600
I am in the process of assembling a u20.  I had the crank ground and installed
new crank bearings.  The clearance is .025mm.  The manual I have gives a
minimum clearance of .020mm.  The problem I've got is that it is impossible to
turn the crank over by hand with a big breaker bar.  Is .025mm too tight?  The
crank was checked and straightened.  I tried using moly assembly lube and when
it wouldn't turn over I tried Dexron.  Any suggestions?  Should I try to break
it in some by turning it with the caps not torqued down tight?

Thanks,

Andy Cost