EI Distributors - The Beauty & the Beast for sale

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: EI Distributors - The Beauty & the Beast for sale
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:34:38 -0700
Hey Roadsterites,
I'm offering up to the list first, a couple of electronic distributors
that are somewhat "special".

First , the Beauty is one I built from an electronic core that was a
rare find.  I say rare because I rarely find one that is in "like new"
condition as far as the finish of the distributor housing.  It looked
like new when I found it and I put some additional work into by
polishing and clear coating the housing.  This one would be suitable for
installing on a show car and it has mostly new parts installed.  I'm
offering it for $249, which is just $14 over the regular price.  I can
convert it to non-vacuum advance for Solex roadsters for $35 less.
There is a $25 core charge like normal, plus $8 shipping in the US.

The Beast is on the other end of the spectrum.  I have a roadster
distributor shaft and EI core that are  just plain ugly.  The lower
shaft and tach drive pinion have some corrosion pitting and the EI
core's housing has a coating of mineral deposits, which are too
difficult to remove.  The reluctor and stator have very minor damage,
but further damage will not occur because I rebuilt the breaker assembly
to prevent it.  It comes with a used cap and rotor, but they are in
like-new condition.  The only real problem with this distributor is just
cosmetics; it is mechanically and electrically sound.  I installed it in
my 2000 and it operates fine.  I'll guarantee it for a year just like
all the others.  I'm offering it for just $89 (that's cheaper than a
points distributor), no core charge, plus $8 shipping in the US.  I can
convert it to non-vacuum advance too, but the price is still $89.

You can see a photo of these 2 distributors at my Picturetrail site:
 http://www.picturetrail.com/
Then in the "Visit Album" box, type in gboone as the member name.  Click
on "My Automobiles" Then it's the top photo in the gallery (left margin
of the page, click on the thumbnail for a larger view).

EI distributors require a 12 volt coil (roadster coils are not
acceptable).  I have a few used Nissan EI 12 volt coils for $15 each,
which I've tested, cleaned and painted.  There are other coil options I
can describe, so if you need to know, let me know.

First come, first served.  If there are no takers by Thursday noon MST,
they go to eBay.  I'm willing to ship outside the US for actual shipping
cost.
Thanks,
Gary Boone
(it's the 21st century, points distributors belong in car museums, not
in driven cars ;-)  )