RE: diff bearings and trans question

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: diff bearings and trans question
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:49:15 -0800
The bearings in the gear carrier are pressed on to the assembly. Undoing the
bolts will allow you to remove the assembly from the pumpkin, but that won't get
the bearings off. They can be a pain to get off if you don't have the right
combination of pullers and/or presses.

Torque on the caps is 30-35 ft/lbs.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA