starter hook up

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: starter hook up
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:56:49 -0800
here is what I have:

POS cable is going from battery to terminal on starter.

NEG cable is grounded to frame.

the small terminal on starter has the two wires from the harness going to
it.

the small spade connector is going to the spade connection on the starter.

I have a ground cable from the bottom bolt going to the frame.

all connections have been cleaned. I hooked the ground cable to the same
point that the POs cable connects to on the starter and got all kinds of
sparks. I moved it to the lower bolt of the starter after as I believe I
hooked it up wrong by not thinking! anyway I get nothing now. the battery
shows good. I get almost 12 volts when I use the meter on the starter POS
terminal and the other lead is grounded. still nothing. all fuse look good.

any ideas?

thx,

mike