Re: Timing: Here we go again

To: Allen Blackmon <orangedawg@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing: Here we go again
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:55:07 -0800
Allen, why don't you go ahead and have the head shipped to Steve and have him
take a look just to be sure.  I've seen stranger stuff come through his shop.
Regarding any cracks, Steve routinely checks them over, and he would have caught
anything, trust me.  He will get to it right away, I promise.  If you are gonna
send the head, send the carbs too, and I will take a look at them.  Hell, if I
have to, I will send my Mikuni's back and we can get it started with those if
that is an issue!  If the head checks out, and there are no obvious problems
with
the bottom end (major scratches in the bore, broken pieces of piston, hole in
the
top hehehehe), then pull the front cover and let's get the chains right once and
for all (hell, it's gonna have to be done anyway!).  I know that you are doing
this outside, but get a heater or something!  I will be here... ask away.  BTW,
thanks for the stroke on your other email!!!  I'm still betting on a bent
valve...
And thanks for not calling me up and gloating over the Husky's triumph... a
painful day for us Cougs.  But hey, we're off to the Rose bowl, so it is a
win/win for both teams in the end!
Greg