Re: brakes - and Gary Boone

To: "Daniel McHatton" <hallosb2@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: brakes - and Gary Boone
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 06:13:30 -0500
You can buy coils of brake tubing - JC Witless sells it in 25 foot lengths -
you'll probably need to buy 2 of them. The flaring is 45* double flare.
Eastwood sells the kit and they also sell a really good line bender as the
cheap ones are useless and can't make the tight bends needed.

I highly recommend that all the brake lines be replaced BEFORE putting on
those expensive calipers. I guarantee that the insides of the lines are
filled with rust and you'll quickly ruin those new calipers. BTDT.

You'll also need a tubing cutter and a deburring tool. The flares aren't
easy to make but the more often you do it the easier it becomes. Practice
making them before starting to bend the tubing. DO NOT completely tighten
down when making the second flare as it'll make it very hard to get a tight
leakproof seal. Thanks Tom Phelan for that last one.

Gary Boone does make an excellent product and I can't wait to install it
after I get a new cam installed.

Mike