Re: amp rating on 2L starter

To: kogi <datjunky@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: amp rating on 2L starter
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:51:50 -0800
Ken,

John is right on about the current draw for a starter.  That is why the wire
from
the battery to the starter is the size of your little finger.  If you use an
inline 20A switch it will burn itself open very quickly.  You may not even get
one start before it turns into smoke.  There are battery disconnect switches
made
for your application.  They are not small, and they may not be pretty, but if
you
want a battery cutoff switch located at the battery, that is what you will need.

Tom
69 2000
Portland, Oregon