Re: Who's who?

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>,
Subject: Re: Who's who?
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:40:33 -0400
I own a product design and engineering company, Millenium Development Corp.
We specialize in child restraint systems, otherwise know as CRS's, or just
plain car seats for kids.  I was with Century Products company as Product
Design Manager for 12 years prior to leaving to start MDC.  We utilize
EDS/SDRC I-Deas for our 3D modelling, and run an almost completely paper
free office. We develop products for companies in LA, NY, HK, Taiwan, and
China and support the products through tooling debug, dynamic testing, and
into production.  The business takes me to China on a regular basis - pretty
bad when you know your way around HK airport.

I have a loving wife of 11 years, two kids, a dog and a fish. My wife has a
collectible glass addiction which, fortunately, she supports by buying and
selling on Ebay.    My daughter Sydney is my "Ace" mechanic - 7yrs old and
knows a socket wrench from a crescent, and loves helping out on the car, and
making "machines" in my shop.  My 3-1/2 year old son Zachary likes to hang
out in the garage with Dad, but I can't much done when he does....  And our
Jack Russell Roscoe honestly believes he's Sydney and Zach's sibling.  He
too likes to work on the car - chases the ginder sparks and barks at the
compressor.

I have lots of hobbies, but building custom cars is my main stress relief. I
grew up in a rural community, where having a fast car meant being the first
one to get to a place 10 miles away, not who could get to the next
stoplight. We're talking a monster Plymouth w/ a police 440, tranny and
suspension - even had 150 lb. cornering weights.

Datsun's SCCA record, and the beautiful lines of the Z led me to get the
first one ten years ago.  It was very tired and needed a complete rebuild,
and for slightly more than the cost of 6 flat top nismo pistons and rings, I
built a 320HP 350 cu.in. Chevy small block, and installed it JTR style.

My current project is a 66 1600 that is receiving a Chevy V6 transplant. I
found the car butchered and bleeding over in PA.  There's a lot of info and
pictures the web pages in my sig.  Been a while since I added the most
recent progress, but I'll get to it as soon as I get back from China in
early Nov.

Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH