Re: H2O Crankshaft sprocket

To: mallory <mallory@floorhockey.net>
Subject: Re: H2O Crankshaft sprocket
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:21:38 -0500
Sorry, Haven't torn down a Forklift Engine.

On some engines, like the old VW air cooled, the sprocket is
heated then dropped in place. Interference fit, so it stays
put. Just wondering if the same is true of the Forklift motor.

Locktite is good until 300 F, or so.  So gentle heating until
300F on the sprocket might help. 300F is low enough not to
cause any metallurgy issues. Just remember how hot that piece of
metal is when you go to get the puller on it, and pull quickly!

Tom