Re: Engine in, now she won't start

To: audela2<audela2@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Engine in, now she won't start
From: Ryan Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2002 00:05:00 -0700
You could do what I just did, look at the starter, make sure that the wiring
there is good.    Check the battery while you are at it.  The two times my
electrical system went dead were a blown ammeter and a loose battery wire to
the starter.  (I'm sure there are plenty of other places as well...)

Good Luck!

>>> audela2<audela2@cox.net> 08/24/02 10:56PM >>>
3 weekends later and we have everything pretty much put together.  The "new"
engine is installed in the '64, transmission is in place.  PO did a horrid
rewiring job so it's a total mess under the hood.  The only wire mod we did
this time around was toreplace the loop wire end at the solenoid with a female
spade one so the wire would just slide onto the spade on the new starter.

After getting everything back together, Len checked the headlights to make
sure we had power.  They worked fine.  Turned the key, the engine turned over
once, then nothing.  No lights, no nothing.  Any ideas on how to proceed with
troubleshooting (short of the complete rewire we have planned?)

Thanks in advance!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500