How were roadsters painted at the factory

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: How were roadsters painted at the factory
From: "Skeet Mason" <nez02@cptnet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:47:23 -0600
I was wondering how the roadsters were painted at the factory. Did they paint
the
engine compartments, door jambs, inside of doors first. Were the doors,
hood,etc.
painted separatly and then installed. I've always wondered why you usually
don't see
paint flashes, masking tape lines, etc. on new vehicles. Whenever I've painted
a complete
car I have painted the door inner , bottom and sides ,engine compartment,
trunk, inside
trunk lid and inside hood, then put it all back together and then mask off
those areas
previously painted and then proceed to paint the car exterior. These are
thoughts I go
to bed with at night as I am now in the proccess of  restoring my roadster.

Ed Mason
1967.5