Dash cap questions and glue

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash cap questions and glue
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:29:38 +0000
To List,

I have a dash cap I bought a few years ago from a vendor I wish to put on my
70 2000.  I'm not going to remove the windshield because I don't know how to
do it and I don't want to mess the windshield trim up.

What kind of glue should I use?

Also, my cover seems slightly shorter than my dash.  It fits fine around
gauges, steering wheel, glove box, etc.  However, it seems just slightly
short of reaching completely the windshield and it does not fit around the
defroster vents like I thought it would.  I mean, it reaches just fine on
the sides, it's just the middle and the vents it seems less than fine.  Is
this normal?

Suggestions?  TIA!!

Allen
1970 2000 way past expected on road date