Valve adjustment (was:Re: une-up - early 67 1600

To: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Subject: Valve adjustment (was:Re: une-up - early 67 1600
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:18:49 -1000
Works for the stronger of you all, Tom Walter's method (when I push something,
it
moves!), but for me, I just use a "come along" hooked to the front bumper and an
eye bolt on my workbench, with the trans in 3rd.  I can adjust all valves, in
order, with about 3 feet of car movement.  For me, seems to be less effort and
more controlled and precise.

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona