Re: carbs(stupid question)

To: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Subject: Re: carbs(stupid question)
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:44:55 -0700
Well, if you think these cars are hard to work on, try a modern front drive
car!  I spent two days NON-STOP (i.e. no sleep) changing the water pump, timing
belt, CV boots and struts on my '95 Ford Probe GT.  It did not help that I had
not done it before, and I only had a manual for the sister car (Mazda MX6),
and that there were subtle but significant differences between the cars (for
example, you have to completely remove the drive shafts in order to remove the
outer CV boot on the Ford... not so on the Mazda).  There was just no room to
do anything.  To get at one thing, you had to remove 10 other things.
EVERYTHING that could go wrong, did.  I was thinking that when the time came I
would do the clutch myself... not anymore.  I will gladly pay someone else
who has the knowledge, tools and experience.  Now, the Roadster can piss you
off sometimes, but at least you can get to just about everything (except maybe
the starter... this is, until I cut out the triangle piece!)
Greg Burrows