Re: carbs(stupid question)

To: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: carbs(stupid question)
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:56:24 -0700
Roman,

Your not alone in feeling like you are a member of this department at times, I
am right in there with you at times.  Thankfully there is no dumb
question.  I learned something I may really need later from the first answer to
your question.

One of the reasons that I bought third 2000, 29 years after my last one, was
that I THOUGHT I understood the car and it would be easy to maintain.  I
also like the attitude of a 2000.  Fiat 124 Spyders are nice, and I once
enjoyed one of those, but the car has no attitude.  I owned the 124 between my
68 and 70 2000's.  THEY had attitude.

After changing the starter twice, the engine once (when I get the gasket I
still have to put the manifolds on to complete the change), and working on
things in general, I am learning that if there was something to design, the
designers had nightmares about the problem and then created designs based on
those nightmares.  So far I find these simple little cars are a real bear to
work on in many areas.  Either that, or I used to be a lot more limber than
I am now.....  This list, and "dumb" questions from others and myself, has been
a huge help ever since I picked up the first wrench and got my first
backache.

Tom Hendricksen
69 2000
Portland, Oregon