Re: frame question2

To: "Curtis Yamauchi" <curtyam@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: frame question2
From: Sel_Aganovic@hettich.com.au
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:31:22 +1000
Curtis,

This is what I did. My frame had some rust, on the bend in front of the
rear spring pick-ups.

I had the frame striped in the alkaline bath, then put through a de-rusting
solution. That cost me AUS$350.00
Then I had the frame hot dip galvanised. That cost me another AUS$300.00.

I am very happy with the results. I had to turn around the front brackets
that hold the nuts for the body bolts, and also drill a 25 mm hole in the
back, to allow the solutions go through the whole frame, and coat the
inside.

I can email you photo's if you are interested. Can't assist you with LA
location, though.

Cheers,

Sel 67.5 SR-20DET

P.S. My primary concern was to stop the chassis rusting from the INSIDE,
that is why I decided to take this path. If your chassis is sound, then
perhaps a sand blasting, followed by POR would be a better bet for you.

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           "Curtis Yamauchi"         |
|         |           <curtyam@hotmail.com>     |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           owner-datsun-roadsters@aut|
|         |           ox.team.net               |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           14/08/2002 15:03          |
|         |           Please respond to "Curtis |
|         |           Yamauchi"                 |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->

  |       To:       datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
                                                                |
  |       cc:
                                                                |
  |       Subject:  frame question2

hope this works:

Hi, I'm new to the group.  I have a 2L that I'm working on.  My problem is
that I need to either sandblast or acid dip the frame to clean up the rust.

Any suggestions to which option I should take?  Any recommended shops in
the
LA area?  Thanks for the responses!

Curtis