looking for roadster help in the SF bay area, CA

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: looking for roadster help in the SF bay area, CA
From: Mtbdavid2@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:03:47 -0400
Hi all,
  Are there any Roadster owners in the SF bay area, CA that might be able to
help me troubleshoot my 69' 2000 Roadster?   I changed the tranny fluid last
week and then while driving on the freeway the next day the clutch pedal
suddenly dropped about halfway.  I lost about half of the pedal pressure and
could barely shift gears without grinding.  I checked the tranny fluid level
and it is still filled so I replaced the master and slave clutch cylinder and
also the slave cyclinder hose.  Bled the system a ton of times and still not
much resistance on the pedal and won't shift into gear at all now.  I need help
making sure I have adjusted the freeplay correctly in the fork which attaches
to the slave cylinder.  I would appreciate any advise.  I find it hard to
believe my clutch or pressure plate would hhave just suddenly and immmediately
failed without any warning.
Thanks,
David