oil pump

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pump
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:33:32 -0700
hi,

after speaking with Gary and figuring out that my distributor drive gear is
not installed properly I might as well install a new oil pump. I have been
told its easier to install the gear at the same time.  I want to ask another
question on the subject. when I was adjusting the valves I ran the car with
the valve cover off. oil would puddle on the top of the head but I saw none
flowing out excessively. in fact I ran the car several times for a few
minutes each time. does this sound right or should I have been covered in
oil? I don't  want to spend the money on another gauge to test it if I can
help it. I would rather put that towards a pump if necessary. with that said
if I need a pump does anyone know any good sources for a good deal on a used
or new pump?

thx,

mike