Re: horsepower vs. torque

To: "Vicki Burrows" <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: horsepower vs. torque
From: " Bob Davis" <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:40:33 -0400
Re: 2 liter engine
The head on a 2 litre is so efficient to begin with that spending a lot of
money porting and polishing does not give you a big return. In fact
polishing really doesn't do much of anything for any head. Removing burrs,
cast lines, sharp edges in the combustion chamber is all that really needs
to be done to the 2 litre head.

Now... strapping on a set of Solex's and a "B" cam gives you up to 30
horsepower immediately in a 2 litre and you can do it in about 2 hours or
less.  Or just add the "B" cam to your SU engine. The "B" cam is still
available from Nismo for $245. In fact, Isky still makes a cam that can be
bought for $145 but may be a bit radical for daily driving. Add to your SU's
and realize a significant boost in power. Porting and polishing won't do
that, especially in that amount of time.

Bob Davis
67.5 2L
Vintage Racer