What parts are still available down the street?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: What parts are still available down the street?
From: Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:46:10 -0700 (PDT)
I'm a mechanical amateur and mostly just want to get the '70 1600 I've
had sitting beside the house for a year and a half now back into drivable
running shape.

At the moment, I'm in need of a manifold gasket and the gaskets that go on
either side of the insulator blocks between the intake manifold and the
carburetors.

Stopping by a couple of your standard general auto parts stores locally
(NAPA and Schucks in south Seattle), they've got nothing like the
insulator block gaskets, and when you look up the manifold gasket, you get
one for an L16 engine, not an R16.

What sorts of things can I still expect to be able to find in stores such
as these? What are some common gotchas like the general mislisting of L16
parts for the SPL311?

What sorts of things can still be procured from Nissan dealers?

Since I'm quite the neophyte, I often don't quite know what I'll need
until I get to it, and this makes planning ahead and mail-ordering parts
trickier, and just pushes the completion of the project further and
further out.

        Thanks for your help.
        -jrs