Re: Why I am restoring my 67.5 2000 (Long and sorta OT)

To: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why I am restoring my 67.5 2000 (Long and sorta OT)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 06:54:43 -0400
Andy,

I guess if my car didn't already have late fenders on when I bought it, a
replacement 67.5 convertible top frame, didn't need another frame under it,
yadayadyada, I probably would feel like you but that wasn't my case.

It did have the original engine which I used for many many years and the
original tranny. BUT I wanted more power and the 5 speed.

Because of the lousy design of the factory fan of the early cars, my car
overheated in traffic and living in NYC there is a lot of traffic which is
why I switched to my 1st electric fan. And from there I just kept modifying
it to suit my needs.

Nothing wrong in having a matching numbers car - at all :)

Drivin and keepin it alive is the key as you mentioned.

Mike