67.5 wiring Q

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67.5 wiring Q
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:22:10 -0600
Greetings y'all,

  I'm working on a 67.5 1600 'project car' (came in boxes), and was
wiring the coil up (engine isn't even in yet), and compared to my '69,
I'm missing some wires(?).
  I have only 2 wires coming out of the firewall to the coil: 1) dizzie
to Coil "-", and 2) to the ballast resistor. The b.r. then has about a
6" long wire out the other end, as though it goes to the coil "+".
  Um, on my '69, the coil "+" wire comes from the firewall, as the
key-ignition switches a 12V straight-to-coil on 'Start', to ballast
resisted (6v-9v, depending on who ya believe) when 'On'. So how does
the 67.5 work? Does the 67.5 'Start' thru the ballast resistor? Other
than that this, the car looks like it has original, unmolested wiring.
Which makes me suspect its 'right', but I'm trying to make sure I know
what I'm doing/what to expect before dropping a battery in..

Thanks,
Dan Neff '69 2000
colorado springs, co
www.wycroc.org