Datsun Spotted Among a myriad of Austin Healey's

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Datsun Spotted Among a myriad of Austin Healey's
From: "David Totah" <dstotah@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:01:11 -0700
I left the Bay Area last friday night to drive up to Lake Tahoe for my
friend's Bachelor Party.  Although the party was a blast, one of the
highlights of the weekend was seeing literally dozens of beautifully
restored Austin Healeys driving around.  I was in my Maxima (wish I had my
Roadster) as I pulled up next to one of the Healeys.  I asked the guy what
was going on and he said that there was a big meet in Tahoe for the weekend.

I have yet to go to Shasta, but I can only imagine the fun of seeing so many
Datsuns when I get there.

As sunday morning turned quickly turned into Sunday afternoon, my friends
and I cleaned the cabin that we stayed at, sluggishly got into the car (I
didn't have a hangover, but I also didn't have much more than 4 hours of
sleep), and we headed out of town.  Just past Pioneer Trail on Highway 50
(parked at the lake Tahoe Golf Course parking lot) I saw a white glimmer in
the distance....  A really nice looking 1970 2000 was parked facing hte road
with a "For Sale" sign in it.  I can't explain why I got so excited to see
another Datsun, but there is something about these cars....

Anyway, as we drove out of town I we all continued to see a number of nice
Austins driving in, but I don't remeber any of the cars I saw this weekend
except for that 70' 2000.

See you all in Shasta.

Dave

69' SRL311-11648