Backhawk Museum Sports Car Extravaganza

To: "datsun roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Backhawk Museum Sports Car Extravaganza
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:19:46 -0700
ZONC (Z Owners of Northern California) hosted a Datsun/Nissan special at the
Blackhawk Automotive Museum today. How special? How about hundreds of Z's,
510's, roadsters, sedans, you get the picture. Titled California All
Datsun/Nissan Sports Car Extravaganza. And that it was. Looks like it's going
to be an annual event, as they announced it as the 2nd Annual meet. I was
there at the 1st one last year and thought it was awesome. This was 10 times
better. More cars. A presentation and display of the new 350Z with free
trinkets.... And Mr. K himself at the show!

When they announced the Peoples' Choice Awards (by number of their dash
placard) the owners went up, one by one to claim their special awards and get
their pictures taken. Until they got to the Best Roadster category. #16,
calling #16. So here's Francis Anand sitting next to me, asking "Who's that?
Is it Michael (Calspeed)? Is it Herb (Petty)?" I said no, not their numbers.
And then he says "come to think of it, I don't know my number!". Exit Francis,
who timidly comes back 5 minutes later with his dash placard and claims his
award as #16! (Remember, Francis won 1st Custom at a show called Solvang we
did last April; beautiful '67.)

And guess what, after all the awards are presented, they announce another
special award. Mr. K's Best of Show choice. Yup, of all the Z's and 510's
etc., Mr. K himself bestowed his special award on... a ROADSTER, belonging to
none other than our own Calspeed. Congratulations Michael!

Fred "katman" - So.SF