Re: Beat by a Mustang GT, but not by too darn much

To: tom@fransfancies.com
Subject: Re: Beat by a Mustang GT, but not by too darn much
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:31:06 -0700
My favorite "Roadster Vs. Goliath" incident was against a BMW M series
roadster. Now in a straight line race there is no way I could compete
against on of these cars. Even my 67 2000 with solexes is no match for one
of those beasts.

However, on a level playing field my roadster acquited himself well against
one. I was in traffic on Pacific Coast Hiway between Newport Beach and
Laguna when a very coiffed guy zooms by me in a black M series roadster.

I figure what the hell and I drop a gear to go catch him. Luckily for me he
got stuck behind Ma and Pa in a Winnebago and I was able to catch him. As I
drove past I dropped to third and gave him a taste of the induction roar
only some wide open solexes can create.

He and I chased each other down the road for a couple of miles and I think I
earned his respect and that says a lot when you consider just how much go go
an M series has against a 2000.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC