Re: OT Need advice on 89CRX DX

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT Need advice on 89CRX DX
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:01:30 -0700
My mom had an '89 5-speed.  It suffered an untimely death at 189,000 miles
when she was T-boned by a full sized pickup truck; otherwise she'd probably
still have it today.  It had the original engine/tranny and probably clutch
come to think of it.  It wasn't pretty but she loved it.  Fun little car to
drive.  Hers had the tiny (1300cc?) engine and got great mileage (40mpg+).

At 10:36 AM 5/31/2002 -0700, Daniel Neuman wrote:
>Hello All,
>         I am going to look at a 89 Honda CRX DX model this afternoon
>It has a 138,2000 miles on it. It has had a new rad-alt-clutch-trans-timing
>belts all within the last 15,000 miles.  Owner says it runs great has a
>few dings in the body from SF parking and that the interior is in decent
>shape.  I can probably get it for $1600 bucks which seems like a great deal
>for me.  What do y'all think?  Anybody have any experience with these cars?
>No I am not getting rid of the roadster we just need something dependable and
>cheap to own to as a daily driver in Oakland.  My poor baby has suffered more
>parking lot abuse in the last few months than it has in the last few years....
>                 Daniel 69 2000
>                 Oakland CA

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181