Re: K+N Filters

To: linob@sentex.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: K+N Filters
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:08:55 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/02 8:22:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, linob@sentex.net
writes:

> Does anyone have a part number for K+N filters for early Solex carbs? I'm a
> new Roadster owner with 2.0 / old style solex's and an original filter box
> and after reading all the banter about replacement filters over the past few
> weeks and how hard they've become to find, I've decided to shelve (more like
> put in my safety deposite box) the original assembly and get something a
> little more user friendly and readily available. I'm having a blast with the
> car and plan on racking up the milage - until it's timing component time -
> I'll cross that bridge when I get there...
>
> Thanks in advance...

IMHO, ITG filters is the way to go.  until recently, the K&N had metal tops
and was open only to the sides, somewhat restricting the air flow.  the ITG
filters have foam on the top and the sides.  you can get the base plate from
TWM, and the filter from a place called west coast fabricators (i think, i
will check to make sure) in orange county.
67.5 w/44PHHs and an ITG filter.