semi-OT - Re: Smooth Sailing in a Roadster.....

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: semi-OT - Re: Smooth Sailing in a Roadster.....
From: "Chris Doutre" <cdoutre@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:49:54 -0700
Imagine, if you will ...

I am returning from an early morning hike at South Mountain Park. The hike
has been followed by breakfast at US Egg. The breakfast has been
artificially extended by my hiking buddies with many extra cups of coffee so
that I will not return home until 11:30, as previously instructed. I am
expecting a retirement party, but I am absolutely not expecting this:

As I drive into my street, still about a block away, I spot something in
front of the house, but I can't make it out. As I get closer, my eyes tell
me it's a boat of some kind, with a roadster windshield, but it's only when
I am fully abeam, with my brakes fully on, and my eyes fully bulging, that I
realize that my wife and her "minions" have really outdone themselves. I am
flabbergasted at the smooth lines of the Styrofoam "hull" and the
smurf-colored waves, and overcome with emotion at the thought of all the
thought and commitment, and physical labor, that must have gone into this
masterpiece of comic theater. That's a real anchor from a real boat. And I
later learned that the PVC tubing "mast" was a recycled "Datsun Roadster
Parking Only" signpost from Mark and Laurie's shop.

So thanks to Mark and Laurie for helping to make my special day so extra
special. And thanks for the very cool web site posting. Who'da thunk you
could go sailing in a roadster?

Chris
SPL311-08127