Re: Stuck on "D"

To: "Chris Casey" <ChrisCa@callawaygolf.com>,
Subject: Re: Stuck on "D"
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:26:33 -0500
Chris Casey wrote

>I'm trying to remove one of my old side emblem which was already in two
>pieces.
>It looks like the PO "super glued" the "D" on to the fender nex to the
>rest of the
>emblem which was attached via the posts through the fender.
>
>Does anyone have any good ideas on how the get this off without damaging the
>surrounding paint?
>
>Chris Casey
>' 66 1600
>San Diego

This may sound strange, but try liberally spraying the area with
armor-all (not a new improved, item, the nasty milky-white stuff).  I
found inadvertantly that it creeps between things and releases glue.  It
doesn't dissolve it, it capillaries between things and acts as a parting
agent.  Try wiggling the piece gently, and let time work for you.

-Marc