Re: vapor lock revisited .... "winter gas"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vapor lock revisited .... "winter gas"
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:56:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/02 2:07:04 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
neffster189@adelphia.net writes:

> >use a less volatile gasoline
> >    (This one is out of my control I believe, but is there an additive
> >that will make the gas less volatile)

This reminds me of something that came up on last weeks "Car Talk" - they had
a caller who was worried that she had never emptied out her gas tank from 10
yrs ago--- she kept topping it off - never reaching the under 1/2 tank mark.
They brought up the fact that she may ultimately have a tank of "winter gas"
- causing porblems once the weather turned warm.

If your Datsun is  a " toy car" that doesn't get driven that much - consider
the last time you filled it up ! something like this may be contributing to
vapor-lock problems.  Also... if you do have a "seasonal" car and keep it
stored - try going w/ avgas- 100LL. I't's full of stabilizers ( they know
that many airplanes don't get that many miles on them) and does NOT have the
alcohol/MTBE that pump gas has.  You may even be surprised that the price is
not that much more - considering some of the price increases at the pump
lately

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC