0-60 in 3.2 seconds

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:55:12 -0400
I volunteered at a car auction in Bridgehampton NY this weekend along with
members of my MG club and we drove most of the cars to the auction block for
the owners. I got to drive a 69 MGC, 1988 MB 560SL, 1969 Ferrari 365GTC and
last but not least a 2001 Birkin aka Lotus Super 7 with carbon fiber body
panels and a Donnelly prepared 2.0L Ford Zetec engine pumping out 237HP and
propelling 1180 lbs.

Unfortunately the Birkin didn't meet reserve ($30K) and
after the auction the owner, Tom Ringo of Texas,  let me take it for a spin
on the back roads of
Bridgehampton. What a gas!!!! Although Tom told me to let it all hang out I
was afraid of
loosing control so I nailed it in 2nd and left 2 black stripes on the road
about 400 feet long. It is the ultimate go cart! Definitely the fastest car
I have ever driven. He's dumping it with 788 miles so he can buy a 2003
model with a 2.3L motor and go faster. The car will be featured in a future
Grassroots Magazine article in a shootout with Vettes, Ferraris and other
super cars and guess which car won.

Nice guy to let a stranger drive his car, as well as all the other owners.

Mike

PS - Other club members drove E Types, 120s, 140s, 150s, Rolls', Morgans,
AHs, a Mini Moke, Vettes, Ferraris and a host of others.