Re: timing set---MG?

To: "Garage Schauff" <info@schauff.be>,
Subject: Re: timing set---MG?
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:22:31 -0500
Garage Schauff wrote

>Hi friends,
>While searching on the continent for repro. I thought of MG.
>MG owners were running Datsun heads, but can't remember if it was R or
>U engine.
>
>Regards,
>Chris
They're might running A series heads.  The MG engine is much more like
the Austin based E and J nissan engines.  The A ( I hear) is somewhat
similar as well.  I'll be using an MGA exhaust manifold on the J13 engine
in my Datsun 320 truck.  It's less restrictive than the E manifold, and
clears the cross-member unlike the J manifold.  I was looking at a racing
MGB a few weeks ago with one of those Kent Cams adjustable timing lower
timing gears.  The Owner said many racers go to Nissan parts where they
can.

-Marc