Timing Sprockets- Answers!!!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing Sprockets- Answers!!!!
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@gwi.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:12:17 -0400
With info provided by Brian Hollands-

The timing chain is metric - ISO 06B-2
This is a metric #35 Chain
Metric sprockets are readily available from Martin Sprocket and Gear through
most industrial power transmisson supply houses.

The rollers on the metric  chain are .250 OD
The rollers on standard #35 chain is .200 OD
Both chains have the same pitch - 3/8"

The crank sprocket bored to size with keyway and hub shaved off is approx.
$80 for a single sprocket, orders of quanity like (10) would have a
discount.

The 40 tooth jackshaft sprocket is a little oddball and single price bored
and keyed with hub shaved off is $200 again, quanity will reduce.

I am assuming the 24T jackshaft sprocket will be priced similar to the 20T
crank sprocket.

Someone needs to measure the counter bore and holes in the cam sprocket and
Martin would be able to quote a price.

I would be willing to work with someone who has the funds to try this
approach.  If someone whats to send me a camshaft sprocket (an old one) I
can measure and draw a print for manufacturing.

Being an unemployed 1600 owner I can not take this any further without
someone willing to get financially involved.  I think a good route to go
would be to buy a 20t crank and 40t jackshaft set and try it out.

Contact me off list if you are willing to invest $300 in developing a
replacement for the current system.  I have the name of a "motorhead"
working inside Martin who could be helpful.

In the mean time, I'm going camping this weekend and won't be reading the
list from 12:00 noon eastern time to Sunday evening..
(and I'm hiding the keys to my roadster as the teenagers are home alone this
weekend with no car...)

daveS