She starts but doesn't run; advice needed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: She starts but doesn't run; advice needed
From: LCinPhxAZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 19:14:16 EDT
Hurrah!!  We got the '67's engine to turn over today!  Replaced the fuel
pump, replaced parts of the fuel line.  Using a couple shots of carb cleaner
we are able to get the engine to run, but it quickly dies.  Being the
mechanic novice that I am, I'm figuring the carbs aren't getting fuel.  There
is gas in the float chambers and gas is being pumped by the fuel pump.  This
Roadster hasn't run in probably 15+ years so we're thrilled that we've gotten
this far.  We're going through the Chilton manual troubleshooting guide, but
thought we'd ask the real experts for tips/hints/advice.

Thanks!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
'64 SPL310
'67 SPL311