Re: Chassis rustproofing/frame weight

To: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Subject: Re: Chassis rustproofing/frame weight
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 01:00:11 +0200
I'm trying again, how about this list?

Engine with oil 360 lbs
Gearbox with driveshaft 90 lbs
Rear axle with brakes 155 lbs
Front suspension with brakes 70 lbs
Wheels incl. spare 150 lbs
Interior (dash, seats, carpets etc.) 110 lbs
All electrical parts, lights and wires 65 lbs
Radiator and heater box 30 lbs
Window glass 40 lbs
Body 660 lbs
Paint and undercoating 28 lbs
Frame with front suspension x-member 140 lbs
Gasoline 90 lbs
All other fluids 40 lbs

Total 2028 lbs

The frame is made of 2.6 mm and 1.6 mm steel so
it's quite easy to add up the total area of the steel
and get a number that's within 10% of the actual weight.

Thomas