India timing gears

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: India timing gears
From: "Allen" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:01:58 -0700
To List,

FYI, I just emailed about 20 companies in India with the following email.  My
expertise is so incredibly lacking that I'd appreciate any help from the list
that can be given.  I have neither the time nor the money to put a
manufacturing order in, but rather did this to pass onto to someone who has
the knowledge to assist us.  I will forward any replies I get to either the
list of to those that are interested.  If the companies ask for additional
info from us (which I'm sure they will), I'll be relying on this list to
perhaps assist us in this endeavor if it is a viable option.  Again, this
request is for all of the U20 owners out there to see if we can somehow save
our engines/cars from demise.  If anyone can think of suggestions on how to
improve this email, I'd appreciate it.  Are my stats on the gear tooth's
correct?  The email I sent follows:

"Dear Sirs,

I am writing on behalf of a group of owners of older  Datsun vehicles located
in the United States (USA).  We own 1967 to 1970 Datsun 2000's, also known as
SRL311.  The engine is the U20.  It is a single overhead cam, 2000 cc engine.
The components that we may be interested in having manufactured are the timing
gears.  The gears consist of a 20 tooth camshaft gear, a different 20 tooth
crankshaft gear, a 20 tooth "jackshaft" gear (the jackshaft runs the oil pump
and the distributor) and a 40 tooth jackshaft gear.

When necessary, we could send you a scan of what is needed.  What would the
cost of producing something like this cost?  How many is the minimum order?
Any help you can give us would be much appreciated.  If you don't do this sort
of work, do you know a company that does?  We heard about the large and
growing parts manufacturing currently taking place in India and are very
interested.

Most Sincerely,

Allen Blackmon"