Re: Time Chains on Partsamerica.com

To: dstotah@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Time Chains on Partsamerica.com
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:35:47 -0700
The chains themselves are not that hard to come by. The tensioners and
sprockets are the really rare pieces.

Replacing the chain may help a little, but a worn tensioner or sprocket can
lead to what U20 owners fear the most- either a broken or slipped timing
chain. Then the jackshaft continues to turn and the camshaft doesn't. Bad
news.

Gordon Glasgow's website has an outstanding article about shimming the
tensioners, the evil L. Everything you wanted to know about U20 timing and
the challenges we U20 owners face.

www.gordon-glasgow.org/garage

A very good read.

FWIW,

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 (New timing set already purchased)

SoCalROC