KA24DE Swap...What's really involved in doing this?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: KA24DE Swap...What's really involved in doing this?
From: "David Totah" <dstotah@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:30:26 -0700
So I have read and heard about doing a KA24de swap with a U20 engine.  The
thing is that my U20 is running just fine...really strong and smooth, but I
am worried about it.  how long do U20's hold up for?  If I find a good deal
on a KA24engine and tranny, is it worth the cash to buy one now and hang on
to it until my U20 junks out?

If I have to replace my engine, what exactly is involved?  Do I have to cut
away any part of the engine compartment, body, etc?  Aside from the
engine/tranny/ecu costs, what else would I be looking at?

Dave